The Affordable Health Care Act mandates that mental health therapy be offered via your health insurance policy. Before you purchase your policy, ask about out of network benefits and deductible amounts (the amount you have to pay before benefits cover costs).
- Insurance: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon and Pacificsource, list Carol on their Preferred Provider Panel. This is the only insurance she takes.
- Carol is “out of network” for other insurance policies. She accepts payment in session and bills your insurance company for you. Therefore, before entering therapy with Carol or anyone, call your insurance company to be clear about the nature and extent of their out of network mental health therapy benefits. Ask about any deductible for mental health benefits.
- Working with Carol Out of Your Insurance Network: I accept my regular fee from you at the end of each session. Within minutes 72 hours, I electronically bill your insurance for the session via a HIPPA encrypted software, directing them to send any reimbursement owed to you. Again, please check your deductible for out of network providers.
- Declining to Use Insurance: Should a person be covered by mental health insurance benefits but decline to use them with my practice, the person must sign a “Private Pay Agreement” which waives any future right to bill the insurance company. Should an insurance plan decline treatment provided by my practice and should the person wish to continue in therapy, details of this agreement also apply.
- For Seniors: Licensed Professional Counselors like myself are not permitted to accept Medicare insurance. This is due to Federal omission of that license from the Affordable Care Act. To compensate for this omission for the many seniors who wish to see me, I offer a senior rate. Please call my office to discuss this option.
Counseling and therapy are investments in yourself, your healing, and your growth toward wholeness. You are working on yourself, work that is vital.