Carol Walnum MA, MBA, LPC, Diplomate Analytical Psychology
Certified Jungian Analyst for adults and young adults in Portland, Oregon.
The shorter and longer forms of therapy I offer help people with a variety of difficult life issues, repeating patterns, and challenging matters of the heart. I have always worked well with a diversity of individuals. The I provide Jungian psychotherapy and analysis strengthened by my life experiences, and what I bring to individuals is profoundly informed by the multi-year, in-depth training undertaken at the C.G. Jung Institute, Zurich to become a Diplomate in Analytical Psychology.
I offer a classical Jungian approach, engaging individuals deeply within talk therapy as well as in classical dream analysis and active imagination, based on Jung’s own theory and practice. Additional in depth training includes art therapy, dream analysis, Self Psychology, trauma work, and humanistic theory.
As a seasoned therapist, I work to create a safe and trustworthy professional environment. Clients say I bring skill and experience in developing meaningful therapeutic relationships which meet them where they are and help them to work through what is troubling.
- Jungian Therapy — one regular session weekly
- Jungian Analysis — longer term, one or two sessions weekly
Education, Certification, and Licensure
- Diplomate, Analytical Psychology, C.G. Jung Institute, Zurich, Switzerland
- M.A., Counseling Psychology with Emphasis in Depth Psychology, Pacifica Graduate Institute, Santa Barbara, California
- M.B.A., J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Oregon
Clinical Activity and Training
- Jungian Analyst 2013 to present
- Private practice 2006 to present
- Therapist, Lifeworks NW 2005-2006
- Therapist, Greater YWCA Department of Counseling. Community mental health counseling 2004-2009
- Ongoing training, supervision, and clinical consultation to meet the focus of my practice and State of Oregon Board standards
- Ongoing clinical consultation in Jungian topics and clinical issues with Pacific NW Society of Jungian Analysts, the CG Jung Institute Kusnacht/Zurich, and worldwide peers.
Professional Societies and Associations
- CG Jung Foundation Zurich, President, Board of Directors
- Pacific Northwest Society of Jungian Analysts, Secretary, past Treasurer
- Pacific NW Providers, Past member Board of Directors,
- Oregon Counseling Association
- Alumni Association for the C.G. Jung Institute, Zurich, past Director, Founding Member