Carol Walnum MA, MBA, LPC, Diplomate Analytical Psychology
Certified Jungian Analyst for adults and young adults in Portland, Oregon.
The shorter and longer forms of therapy I offer help with difficult life issues, repeating patterns, and challenging matters of the heart. They help to reduce suffering. The Jungian psychotherapy and analysis I provide are strengthened by my life experiences and my post graduate study. They are profoundly informed by the multi-year, in-depth training I undertook at the C.G. Jung Institute, Zurichto become a Diplomate in Analytical Psychology.
As a certified Jungian Analyst, I offer a classical Jungian approach. I engage individuals deeply within talk therapy as well as in classical dream analysis and active imagination based on Jung’s own theory and practice. I am trained in art therapy, dream analysis, Self Psychology, trauma work, and humanistic theory.
As a seasoned therapist, I offer a safe and trustworthy professional environment. Clients say I bring skill and experience in developing meaningful therapeutic relationships which meet them where they are and help them to work through what is troubling.
- Shorter-term mental health therapy
- Jungian Therapy — one regular session weekly
- Jungian Analysis — longer term, one or two sessions weekly
Education, Certification, and Licensure
- Diplomate, Analytical Psychology, C.G. Jung Institute, Zurich, Switzerland
- M.A., Counseling Psychology with Emphasis in Depth Psychology, Pacifica Graduate Institute, Santa Barbara, California
- M.B.A., J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Oregon
Clinical Activity and Training
- Jungian Analyst 2013 to present
- Private practice 2006 to present
- Therapist, Lifeworks NW 2005-2006
- Therapist, Greater YWCA Department of Counseling. Community mental health counseling 2004-2009
- Ongoing training, supervision, and clinical consultation to meet the focus of my practice and State of Oregon Board standards
- Ongoing clinical consultation in Jungian topics and clinical issues with Pacific NW Society of Jungian Analysts, the CG Jung Institute Kusnacht/Zurich, and worldwide peers.